If ever there was a time of year to come up with a productivity formula for getting more done as a freelance writer, it’s fall.
Know why I say that? Well, fall is a special time because:
- Editors and marketing managers get back from vacation
- Companies plan next year’s marketing calendar and start assigning projects
- Editors complete their editorial calendar, and look for special-section writers
- If you do marketing now, you could still book more writing income this year
- Kids go back to school, and writer-parents suddenly have a lot more time for freelance writing
See the potential fall has to ramp up your writing income?
Except that you’re suddenly transitioning from sleeping late as you like to having to get up at 6 a.m. to put kiddos on that early school bus. And you’re…dragging.
Also, maybe feeling the pressure that now, you’re out of excuses and actually need to do this thing.